- Navy: Climate and Energy
- Climate, Climate Change, & Public Health
- Climate Disruption & Security
- Focus Areas
- User Area
Heat Stress and Air Quality
Based on the GAIA workshop held in April, Dr. Cindy Parker helped to identify prioritized topics relevant to heat stress and air quality:
There needs to be a systems approach to show how heat stress fits into the bigger picture of climate change
- If we try to provide useful information for policy and decision makers, we need a clear picture of the implications of heat stress
We need to identify the best-practices for addressing heat-stress
- Urban policies (what types of policies should be in place?)
- Rural policies (see above)
We need to clarify links between heat stress and air quality
- How are they related or not related? How would you define their relationship?
In an attempt to examine the needs, adaptation, and mitigation strategies for heat stress, what do you feel are the highest priorities for this topic? Of the topics listed, how would you address one or more of them?